Sunday, August 8, 2010


Jean Henry Mead interviews me at Mysterious Writers HERE.

Topics include strong female characters, the issue of "mystery" various "crime fiction" and more.

Also, leave a comment regarding the interview at Jean's site for a chance to win signed copies of HEAD GAMES and TOROS & TORSOS.


  1. Great interview. As I said over at Mysterious Writers, your separation of crime and mystery writing is strong. And I love the connections with Hemingway, as I'm preparing the next installation of my Literary Movement Seris--The Lost Generation.

    Looking forward to reading your books. They have been on my TBR list for far too long. Time for me to get moving on that!


  2. Craig,

    I saw you speak at Foul Play bookstore in Westerville this past Spring and really enjoyed hearing you speak. I look forward to the rest of the Lassiter series (as well as hopefully reading an old Gold Medal style book by Lassiter himself which I still maintain would be perfect for Hard Case Crime to publish).

    Peter Guzzo

  3. Peter: Thanks so much. I well remember our talk about that very subject in Foul Play. It could be a fun thing to do, and appropriately Po-Mo for Lassiter, but I think the chances are pretty slim of a project like that one getting off the ground, unfortunately.

  4. Congratulations to the winners of Craig McDonald's novel, Print to Legend: Michele Emrath and Ricky Bush. Pleae send your mailing addresses to