Monday, February 21, 2011

ONE TRUE SENTENCE: New essays; new events

Tuesday marks one week since the release of my new novel, ONE TRUE SENTENCE, a literary/historical thriller set in the 1920s Paris of Hemingway and Gertrude Stein and featuring crime novelist Hector Lassiter.

The novel is the fourth in the Edgar/Anthony nominated series that began with HEAD GAMES. Strictly speaking, ONE TRUE SENTENCE, chronologically, is the first book in the series because of its February 1924 setting.

Since last Tuesday's book release, I've racked up many miles; signing books in Houston at Murder by the Book, and at Austin's BookPeople. I've played ONE TRUE SENTENCE with many a brave soul nightly on Twitter.

The past couple of days have also seen several new essays appear:

-At Patti Abbott's, I penned a piece about "How I Came To Write the Book" that debuted Monday.

-The Paperback Dolls are hosting a specil week dubbed, "Passport to France," for which I contributed an essay on ONE TRUE SENTENCE's Paris setting. You can read it here.

- At the Poisoned Pen site, I have an essay on "Pulp Fiction" in preparation for my Tuesday, Feb. 22 event with the remarkable James Sallis. That piece can be read here.

- At Writer's Read I described some of the books I've recently been delving into.

No comments:

Post a Comment