Wednesday, February 10, 2010

HECTOR LASSITER & THE LONE STAR STATE



Today I’m guest blogging at the Murder by the Book blog site. (I’ll be visiting Murder by the Book in Houston, Texas on Sat. Feb. 20 at 5 p.m., and BookPeople in Austin, Sun. Feb. 21 at 2 p.m.)

When MBTB honcho David Thompson extended the invitation to write something for the site, he asked if I had any Texas angles I could bring to the table.

As it happens, my continuing character, Hector Lassiter, has long been established as a native Texan — born on January 1, 1900 in Galveston.

There are other Texas ties that are explained in the guest blog.

You can read more about all that, and the story behind Hector’s surname, here.

David also provides some more information regarding the collectible "COLT" chapbook that will be available at the Texas signing.

DAY THREE AT JEN'S

Also, over at Jen's Book Thoughts, day three of her week of focusing on the Hector Lassiter series turns attention to reviewing my new novel, PRINT THE LEGEND, which will be released next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment